Seven-Cup Cake (Burfi) Recipe
A Mouthwatering Sweet
Occasions such as festivals, the arrival of guests, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc., usually involve making sweets at home. Seven-cup cake is an easy sweet that can be made in very little time.
This cake is made with seven equal measures of the ingredients; hence the name, seven-cup cake.
This delicacy simply melts into your mouth. The milk gives it a soft texture, while the ghee imparts a wonderful flavor. You can store this sweet for up to seven days in a closed container.
Now, I share with you a detailed recipe to make this wonderful dessert.
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup grated coconut (if the shreds are too big, pulse them in a mixer to make them smaller)
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup milk, boiled
- 3 cups sugar (or slightly less; I used 2 1/2 cups)
- Grease a steel container with ghee. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a deep-bottomed pan, preferably non-stick.
- Add gram flour. Saute over low heat until you get a nice aroma. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated coconut. Continue sauteing for 1 minute. Add milk, sugar, and remaining ghee.
- Keep the heat medium low. Stir the mixture continuously while often scraping the sides to ensure the uniform cooking.
- Cook the mixture until it becomes thick and leaves the bottom, forming a single lump.
- Quickly, turn off the heat and transfer it to the greased container. With a spatula, pat it down lightly to flatten.
- Cut it to your desired shapes, such as diamonds or squares, with the help of a knife when it is warm.
- Separate the pieces once it becomes completely cold.
- Enjoy eating these yummy cakes!