I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Quick and Easy Weekend Brunch!
Cabbage pancakes are tasty, nutritious, and easy to make. As an easy breakfast or brunch option, they are a delicious way to start your day.
The unique flavor of cabbage blends perfectly with the other pancake ingredients, including gram flour, onions, and spices. This dish is satisfying on its own, or you can choose to serve it with tomato sauce.
Preparation time is just 30 minutes, after which you will have a lovely hot breakfast! Now, over to the recipe...
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves two people
- 2 heaped cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh green coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
Read More From Delishably
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped cabbage, minced green chilies, gram flour, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, chopped fresh coriander leaves, grated coconut, chopped onions, dry mango powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well. Add water little by little and prepare a thick but lump-free batter. The batter should have semi-solid consistency.
- Heat a deep-bottomed nonstick pan. Add half the oil.
- Thickly spread the batter in the pan. Cover the pan. Let the heat be medium-high for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add a few drops of oil on the edges. After 6-7 minutes, you will observe that the surface of the pancake becomes firm and dry.
- Lift the pancake a little to see whether the bottom side has become roasted and golden brown. If not, cook a bit more. When it's ready, carefully flip the pancake with a spatula.
- Add oil on the surface and leave the pan uncovered. Cook the other side of the pancake until it also becomes crunchy and roasted.
- Once both the sides are golden brown, turn off the heat. Cover the pan with a plate. Invert it to turn the pancake out on the plate.
- Cut the pancake with a knife to your desired shape. Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
- Enjoy the taste of crunchy and delicious cabbage bhanole (cabbage pancake)!