Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Meethi semiyan or sweet vermicelli is an Indian sweet dish that can be prepared in two different ways: dry and with milk.
Today, we are preparing the dry sweet vermicelli. It is very easy and quick to make and is very delicious. This could be a go-to dessert recipe when you crave something sweet but are not in the mood to spend a lot of time making it.
Do try and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 75 grams palm jaggery, soaked in 40 ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup roasted Bambino suji seviyan (semolina vermicelli)
- 2 cups water
- 8-10 sliced almonds
- 7-8 kishmish (raisins)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Sliced pista (pistachios), for garnish
- Raisins, for garnish
- Make the palm jaggery syrup: Soak the palm jaggery in 40 ml water for 15 minutes. Then heat it to make palm jaggery syrup.
- On low heat, melt the desi ghee in a pan. Then add the roasted vermicelli and roast until it starts to give off its aroma.
- Add the water, sliced almonds and raisins. Mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder and palm jaggery syrup. Raise the heat to high, mix well and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the water dries out (about 12 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with sliced pistachios and raisins and serve.
How to Make Meethi Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli Dessert)
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly