How to Make Boiled Kamangeg (Mountain Potato or Yamaimo)
What Is Kamangeg?
Kamangeg is the Filipino term for mountain potato, which is an exotic root crop. Other names for this vegetable include wild yam and white yam. In Japan, it is called yamaimo.
In the Philippines, a popular way to prepare kamangeg is to transform it into a sweet snack. Try this easy-to-make recipe at home, and serve it with your favorite drink.
- kamangeg (mountain potato or yamaimo)
- water, as needed
- sugar, to taste
- powdered milk (optional)
- pot with lid
- Wash the kamangeg (mountain potato or yamaimo) thoroughly. Set aside.
- Pour water into a pot. Add in the kamangeg.
- Cook until tender.
- Peel and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve with or without sugar.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace sugar with an artificial sweetener.
- Mash the kamangeg in order to easily incorporate the sugar.
- Add powdered milk to make it creamy.
More Delicious Snacks
- How to Cook Crunchy Pineapple Fritters
Are you craving something crispy and sweet? Try this easy recipe for crunchy pineapple fritters with a twist. This dish is perfect as a dessert or as a snack.
- How to Cook Filipino-Style Carp Fish Bola Bola
Learn how to prepare carp fish bola bola, a flavorful recipe from the Philippines.
© 2020 Travel Chef