I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
In Filipino cuisine, sarciado refers to any dish that is prepared in a tomato-based sauce. Fish sarciado, also known as sarciadong isda, is composed of fried fish simmered in a delicious tomato and egg sauce. Many different types of fish can be used when preparing this dish, though I often like to use carp. This recipe is also a great way to use leftover fish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 grams carp fish, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 litre water
- 3 tomatos, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 inches ginger, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for sauteeing
- 2 large bowls
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large plate
- measuring cups
- chopping board
- frying pan
- cooking spoon
- Rub fish with salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry fish until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil. Saute onion, ginger, garlic, and tomato.
- Pour in water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring it to boil.
- Add fried fish and beaten egg. Cook the egg thoroughly.
- Serve with rice.
Tips and Techniques
- This recipe is a great way to use leftover fried fish.
- You can add more eggs, if you like.
- I like to use carp, but this recipe works well with many different types of fish. Use the type you like best.
- Make it healthier and more colorful! Add carrots, potatoes, or other vegetables.
More Healthy Seafood Recipes
- How to Cook Ginataang Malunggay With Fried Parrotfish
Ginataang malunggay with fried parrot fish is tasty dish that is healthy, as well.
- How to Cook Honey Mustard Fish With Blanched Alugbati
Do you love the flavor of honey mustard dressing? Try this delightful recipe for honey mustard fish with blanched alugbati.
© 2019 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 04, 2019:
I agree with you. I really prefer fish, seafood, and chicken rather than any other meats.
Liz Westwood from UK on August 03, 2019:
This looks like a healthy idea for a fish recipe. I like the versatility of this dish.