I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Tasty Fish Lumpia Recipe for the Seafood Lover
Lumpia is a popular Filipino spring roll that can be served as an appetizer or side dish. There are so many different types of fillings to choose from, including meat, seafood, and vegetables. Today, let me show you how to cook a tasty fish lumpia that's ideal for all the seafood lovers out there.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 300 grams any kind of ground fish
- 25 spring roll wrappers
- 2 bell peppers, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large plate
- 1 small bowl
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- Saute the onion in a pan. Then add the remaining vegetables and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add fish meat. Continue cooking until all the ingredients are tender.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Add cornstarch and egg to bind the mixture. Mix well.
- On a plate, lay a single egg roll wrapper. Scoop at least 2 tablespoons of fish filling.
- Line the mixture at least 2 inches above the bottom of the wrapper, leaving at least 1 to 1 1/2 inches space on each side.
- Fold the egg roll wrapper from the bottom to the center once. Then fold the wrapper from both the left and right side to the center. From there, start rolling it.
- Seal the top part of the wrapper with water.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 with the remaining ingredients.
- Once all of the ingredients are assembled, set up the frying pan.
- Heat up enough oil to deep-fry the lumpia.
- Fry each piece until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Tips and Techniques
- Serve with your favorite sauce or dip.
- Use any kind of meaty fish available.
- Add other vegetables if you want.
- Cook the filling first to get the best result.
- Replace cornstarch with similar products such as all-purpose flour, rice flour, etc.
Rate This Recipe
More Delicious Lumpia Recipes
- How to Make Lumpiang Shanghai: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Are you looking for a fabulous finger food to serve at your next party? Try this deliciously meaty and savory snack, lumpiang Shanghai. Learn how to make this Filipino version of Chinese spring rolls.
- How to Make Vegetarian Lumpiang Togue: A Filipino-Inspired Snack
Have you ever tried Filipino food? This recipe is for a famous snack called lumpiang togue (spring roll with mung bean sprouts). Delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare, too!
© 2019 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 04, 2019:
Yes, meats, vegetables, and even fruits.
Liz Westwood from UK on August 02, 2019:
This looks like a very versatile dish.