I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Ginisang togue at sitsaro is a delicious Filipino dish of sauteed mung beans and snow peas (in Tagalog, ginisa means saute, togue means mung bean sprouts, and sitsaro means snow peas). For a bit of extra flavor and protein, I also added pork to the recipe, though you can substitute a different type of meat, if you prefer.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 150 grams pork, cubed
- 200 grams sitsaro (snow peas), cut in half
- 350 grams togue (mung bean sprouts)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil, for sauteeing
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large plate
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- saute pan
- cooking spoon
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and pork.
- Pour in water. Cook until the pork is tender.
- Add the mung bean sprouts and snow peas. Cook for a few minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings if needed.
Tips and Techniques
- You can easily grow your own mung bean sprouts at home.
- You can substitute a different type of meat for the pork (e.g., chicken or beef).
Other Mung Bean Sprout Recipe
- How to Make Vegetarian Lumpiang Togue: A Filipino Snack
Have you ever tried Filipino food? This recipe is for a famous snack called lumpiang togue (spring roll with mung bean sprouts). It's delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare, too!
© 2020 Travel Chef
Miebakagh Fiberesima from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, NIGERIA. on June 23, 2020:
Travelchef, thanks. And you're welcome.
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on June 23, 2020:
You are welcome. It's a good thing that we can easily replace ingredients based on our diet or preference.
Miebakagh Fiberesima from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, NIGERIA. on June 22, 2020:
travelchef, thanks for thb replacement of pork with meat. It i delicious.