I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Grilled rellenong pusit, or stuffed squid, is a popular dish in the Philippines. In Tagalog, rellenong means stuffed and pusit means squid. Some readers may recognize a connection between rellenong and relleno, which has the same meaning in Spanish (for example, chili relleno, which are stuffed chilis).
In this recipe, I make my own version of grilled rellenong pusit.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 500 grams squid, cleaned
- 3/4 cup longganisa (sausage), cooked
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
Read More From Delishably
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowls
- 3 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- grill pan
- In a bowl, mix the longganisa, onions, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Stuff the squid with the longganisa mixture.
- Seal each squid with a toothpick.
- Mix the oil and oyster sauce. Coat each squid with this basting sauce.
- Cook squid in a grill pan (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Serve with any vegetable side dish.
Tips and Techniques
- Add other vegetables if preferred.
- Longganisa is a type of Spanish sausage, similar to chorizo. You can replace this ingredient with any type of ground meat.
- Cook the meat stuffing first to avoid overcooking the squid.
- Use a toothpick to secure the stuffing and the squid head.
More Seafood Recipes
- How to Cook Calamares Fritos With Aioli
Calamares fritos, or fried squid, makes an easy and delicious appetizer. The aioli on the side is the perfect accompaniment.
- How to Make Kilawin na Pugita: A Filipino-Inspired Appetizer
Kilawin na pugita, or lightly blanched octopus, is one of my favorite appetizers. The tastes and textures are so amazing, especially when it is prepared and cooked properly. Enjoy this dish by following my easy recipe.
© 2019 Travel Chef