I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
This vegetable medley of lima beans, string beans, snow peas, and pumpkin flowers with fried fish is cooked with fermented fish sauce. Fermented fish sauce, made from salted fish that is fermented for months or even years, is a common seasoning in Asian cuisine. This particular recipe is an Ilocano dish from the Philippines.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 fish fillet, cut in half; any kind
- 50 grams pumpkin flowers
- 50 grams lima beans
- 50 grams string beans
- 50 grams snow peas
- fish sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- 1 large plate
- 3 medium bowl
- chopping board
- frying pan
- cooking spoon
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fish until it is golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring water to boil.
- Add lima beans, string beans, and snow peas. Season with fermented fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, add pumpkin flowers.
- Add fried fish. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Other vegetables may be substituted or added.
- Any type of fish fillet will work for this stew.
- The fermented fish sauce may be omitted, if desired.
More Delicious Fish Recipes
- How to Make Homemade Tilapia Fishcakes
Fishcakes are one of my favorite appetizers. The taste and texture are incredible when prepared and cooked properly. Enjoy a healthy baked version of tilapia fishcakes with your favorite dip.
- How to Make Canned Sardines Fried Rice
Have you tried adding canned sardines to your fried rice? I tried doing this and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious results. Take your boring canned sardines to the next level.
© 2019 Travel Chef