How to Cook Mung Bean Sprout Fried Rice
Fried rice is a common Asian rice dish made from leftover steamed rice mixed with various vegetables and meats. It is typically flavored with Asian seasonings such as fish sauce, soy sauce, or oyster sauce, to name few.
In this fried rice recipe, I have used mung bean sprouts as the primary vegetable. Mung bean sprouts, which are commonly used in Asian cuisine, are grown by sprouting mung beans.
- 2 1/2 cups leftover steamed rice
- 3/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup carrots, small cubes
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 hot dog, small cubes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowls
- 6 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook hot dog. Set aside.
- In the same pan, use a small amount of oil to saute the onion and mung bean sprouts. Add water. Cook slightly.
- Add corn, carrots, green peas, and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cook while mixing. Set aside.
- Again, heat oil using the same pan. Add rice and break down any chunks. Cook until almost done.
- Add the cooked hot dog, mixed vegetables, and oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve it as it is or with your favorite dish.
Tips and Techniques
- Fried rice is an extremely versatile dish. You can add any vegetables you like.
- Use frozen or canned vegetables if fresh is not available.
- Replace hot dog with other meats such as ham, pork, chicken, etc.
- Grow your own mung bean sprouts at home.
Another Mung Bean Sprout Recipe
- Kongnamulguk With Chicken Gizzards: A Korean-Inspired Soup
Are you craving Korean food but don't have the money to eat in a fancy restaurant? Why not cook at home? Try this recipe for kongnamulguk with chicken gizzards. It's very affordable and easy to make.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef