I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
French fries are a popular snack all over the world, although they are often prepared slightly differently depending on where in the world you are. During a visit to Turkey, I had the chance to sample a local street food called patso, which is a Turkish sandwich stuffed with French fries. Let me show you my own version of this delicious snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 6-inch baguette
- 150 grams French fries
- 6 slices of cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- cooking oil
- 1 medium plate
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
Read More From Delishably
- fry pan
- grill pan
- tongs or skimmer spoon
- bowl or plate
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Double-fry French fries until golden brown. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Slice bread, stuff it with cheese, and spread butter on the outside surface of the bread. Toast it using a grill pan or panini press.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the pan or press.
- Assemble the patso sandwich. Stuff the baguette with fries.
- Drizzle mayonnaise and ketchup on top of the fries.
- Serve patso with your favorite drink.
Tips and Techniques
- Double-frying the French fries achieves a crunchier texture.
- Use salted or unsalted butter.
- Replace the baguette with a soft bread roll.
- Add any cheese available.
- To make the sandwich a bit spicier, add hot sauce to the ketchup.
French Fries From Around the World
- How to Make Curry Fries: An Irish-Inspired Snack
Everyone loves French fries, but have you tried this version, known in Ireland as curry fries? Let me show you an easy way to prepare this delicious snack.
- How to Make Salchipapas: A Peruvian-Inspired Snack
Have you ever tried salchipapas? Salchipapas is a famous type of street food in Peru. Let me show you an easy way to prepare this delicious snack.
© 2019 Travel Chef