How to Cook Poqui Poqui: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Poqui poqui, also known as ensaladang talong, is a scrambled egg dish that originated from Ilocos, a province in the northern part of the Philippines. This dish is made with grilled eggplants, eggs, tomatoes, and onions. Learn how to cook a famous regional dish!
- 3 small eggplants, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tomatos, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for cooking
- 1 big plate
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- grill pan
- cooking spoon
- 2 forks
- Roast eggplants until charred and soft.
- Set aside the eggplants to allow them to cool before peeling the skins.
- Remove eggplant skins. Chop eggplant flesh into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat pan and add some cooking oil. Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook until wilted.
- Add eggplants and mix well.
- Pour over beaten eggs.
- Stir the mixture until all ingredients are well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the eggs are set.
Poqui Poqui Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Add any seasonings of your choice.
- Grill eggplants directly over the heat if grill pan is not available.
- Use a fork to help you handle the eggplants while peeling.
More Delicious Eggplant Recipes
- How to Make Special Eggplant Omelet With Ground Chicken
Do you love eating eggs for breakfast? Eggs give me the energy I need to start my day. I enjoy making omelets because they are endlessly versatile and fun to make. This is my special eggplant omelet with ground chicken.
- How to Cook Binagoongang Talong With Longaniza
Do you enjoy eating eggplant or aubergine? Add an Asian twist to your eggplant by cooking it with bagoong alamang or shrimp paste. Try my own simple dish of binagoongang talong with longaniza.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan