How to Cook Ramly Burger: A Malaysian-Inspired Burger
What Is a Ramly Burger?
The Ramly burger is a popular Malaysian street food that consists of an omelette-wrapped meat patty on a bun. It was originally created by a company called the Ramly Group, and the snack exploded in popularity all over the country. Recently, it has even started to spread to other Asian countries.
I was able to try a Ramly burger in Kuala Lumpur. Let me show you my own version of this burger that you can easily make at home.
For the burger:
- 1 beef burger patty
- 1 hamburger bun
- pickled cucumber
- cooking oil
- 150 grams French fries
For the egg mixture:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large plate
- 2 small plates
- 1 large bowl
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- grill pan
- frying pan
- Clean and slice all of the vegetables. Set aside.
- Cook burger patty according to instructions. Set aside.
- Deep-fry French fries until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a frying pan, cook beaten eggs in omelette form. Let the bottom set before adding the burger patty in the middle.
- Cover the burger patty with omelette by folding each side. Flip and cook until the omelette is set.
- Re-fry French fries until golden brown or crispy. Remove from the heat. Season with salt.
- Toast buns with butter.
- Assemble the Ramly burger. Spread some mayonnaise and ketchup on the bottom half of the bun.
- Arrange the lettuce, burger patty wrapped with omelette, pickled cucumber, and tomato. Finally, top with the top half of the bun.
- Transfer the Ramly burger to a plate with French fries on the side.
- Serve with your favorite drink and French fries condiment.
Tips and Techniques
- You may season the egg with other seasonings, if you wish.
- Double-fry the French fries to produce a crunchier exterior texture.
- Sprinkle salt on French fries before serving.
- Try using a different kind of meat patty, such as chicken or pork.
More Burger Recipes
- How to Make a Hawaiian Burger in a Blanket
Enjoy the sweet taste of a Hawaiian burger wrapped in a blanket for your morning or afternoon snack! Try this recipe at home, and enjoy the juicy, meaty, and sweet fillings.
- How to Make Pork Loco Moco With Mushroom Gravy: A Hawaiian-Inspired Dish
Loco moco is a famous Hawaiian dish. It originated in Hilo, Hawaii, when a group of teenagers asked a restaurant owner for a budget meal with rice. Enjoy a very simple dish with lots of interesting flavors in the comfort of your home.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef