How to Cook Sardine Potstickers
Dumplings With Sardines
Potstickers are a type of Asian dumpling that is pan-fried and then steamed. Different combination of vegetables and meats can be used as the filling. In this recipe, I created an interesting filling with sardines in tomato sauce.
For the dumpling mixture:
- 1 calamansi
- 1 can sardines, in tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 14 dumpling wrappers
- 1/2 small egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking oil
For sealing the dumpling:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 medium bowls
- 5 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- Squeeze calamansi over sardines. Mash and mix the sardines.
- Add all of the remaining dumpling mixture ingredients and mix well.
- Lay a dumpling wrapper in your hand.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dumpling mixture onto the wrapper.
- Seal dumplings by applying water on all sides of the wrapper.
- Repeat process for the remaining mixture and wrappers.
- Once done, prepare a pan with oil. Pan-fry the flat side of the potstickers until golden brown.
- Add water and cover the pan. Cook until all water evaporates or until the dumplings are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
Sardine Potstickers Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques
- Use any other citrus fruit to lessen the fishy taste of the sardines.
- Serve dumplings with your favorite sauce.
- Cook a small amount of the potsticker mixture before wrapping to make any necessary adjustments to its taste.
Other Flavorful Sardine Recipes
- How to Make Sardine Spread
Learn how to make a delicious sardine spread to enjoy with your favorite crackers or breads.
- How to Make Canned Sardines Fried Rice
Have you tried adding canned sardines to your fried rice? I tried doing this and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious results. Take your boring canned sardines to the next level.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef