Sauteed Mung Bean Sprouts and Water Spinach With Pork Recipe
This is a healthy and delicious recipe for sauteed mung bean sprouts, pork, and water spinach (known as kangkong in the Philippines). The dish requires minimal prep time, which makes it ideal for those who want to eat healthy but don't have a lot of time to cook.
- 100 grams pork, sliced
- 60 grams mung bean sprouts
- 40 grams water spinach (kangkong)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 3 medium bowls
- 2 small bowls
- 1 medium plate
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- saute pan
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic. Add pork slices. Cook until slightly brown.
- Pour in water. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer until the pork slices are tender.
- Add mung bean sprouts. Cook until slightly tender before adding chopped water spinach (kangkong).
- Stir in oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix well and continue cooking.
- Serve with rice.
Video: Sauteed Mung Bean Sprouts and Water Spinach With Pork
Tips and Techniques
- For a healthier option, replace pork with chicken or seafood.
- For added spice, add chopped chilies.
- Adjust the amount of soy sauce if using the low-sodium variety.
More Mung Bean Sprout Recipes
- Kongnamul in Chili Garlic Oil: A Korean-Inspired Side Dish Recipe
Have you ever tried the famous Korean side dish called kongnamul? I re-created this dish with a twist by incorporating chili garlic oil.
- How to Cook Mung Bean Sprout Fried Rice
Do you love fried rice? Learn how I made a delicious fried rice that stars mung bean sprouts.
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Travel Chef