I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Sinigang na Bangus for the Rainy Season
Sinigang is a very popular Filipino soup with a savory and sour flavor. Tamarind is commonly used to flavor this soup, but sometimes other ingredients such as miso, guava, and mango are incorporated, as well. Bangus is the Filipino word for milkfish (known in Hawaiian as awa and in Tahitian as ava). This fish typically lives in tropical waters.
It is particularly nice to enjoy a hearty meal of sinigang na bangus during the rainy season.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 1 medium bangus (milkfish), sliced
- 100 grams eggplant, sliced
- 50 grams ladies finger, sliced
- 50 grams snow peas, snapped in half
- 50 grams string beans, cut into 2-inch sections
- 50 grams winged beans, snapped in half
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 long chili
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 1.5 litres water
- 4 tablespoons tamarind powder
- salt, to taste
- salt, to taste
- cooking oil
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large bowls
- 2 medium bowl
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- soup ladle
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute ginger, scallion, and tomato.
- Pour in the water.
- Add the bangus (milkfish), tamarind powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the eggplant, string beans, ladies finger, snow peas, and long chilis.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Add any similar vegetables for added variety.
- Adjust tamarind powder based on your personal preference.
- Instead of tamarind powder, use fresh tamarind if available.
More Delicious Fish Recipes
- How to Cook Ginataang Malunggay with Fried Parrot Fish
Do you like to try new, exotic foods or do you stick to the same foods you eat? If you are an adventurous eater, try this ginataang malunggay with fried parrot fish. Not only this recipe is tasty, and meaty but also healthy.
- How to Make Chinese-Style Fried Cream Dory
Have you ever tried cream dory? Cream dory, also known as Pangasius, is a fish with spiny fins that is found in Southeast Asia. The fish is known for its neutral flavor, which works well in many dishes.
© 2019 Travel Chef