I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
What Is Tokwa't Baboy?
Tokwa't baboy is a famous Filipino pulutan, or appetizer that is eaten with alcoholic drinks, especially beer. This particular snack is made with tofu and pork. Usually, pig's mask is used for this recipe, but other parts of the pig can be used, as well. Allow me to share my simple recipe for tokwa't baboy that you and your family can enjoy.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
1 hour 40 min
Serves 3 to 4 people
- 400 grams pig's mask, sliced
- 300 grams tofu, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Cooking oil
- 2 large bowls
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small plate
- chopping board
Read More From Delishably
- frying pan
- tongs or cooking spoon
- In a pot, pour in water. Season it with salt and pepper. Add the pig's mask. Cook until tender.
- Allow it to cool down before slicing it. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add tofu cubes. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- On a plate, mix pig's mask, tofu, and onion.
- Serve it with your favorite dip.
Tokwa't Baboy Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques
- Add slices of green chilies for a spicy flavor.
- Slice tofu before frying to create a crunchier exterior texture.
- Serve with your favorite dip. I like to eat this snack with spicy soy vinegar dip.
- Use chicken as a healthy alternative to pork.
Another Tofu Recipe
- How to Make Fried Tofu With Mung Bean Sprouts
I always look forward to simple yet nutritious meals. Allow me to share my recipe for fried tofu with mung bean sprouts, an Asian-inspired dish that you can easily make at home.
© 2019 Travel Chef