I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
What Is a Guyabano?
Guyabano, or soursop, is a common fruit in Asia. It has green spiky skin and white flesh with black seeds. This sweet and tangy fruit is usually served as a juice or a shake. In order to make your shake extra sweet and creamy, you may add a little bit of sugar and milk in it.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 1 large guyabano (soursop), peeled and deseeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- sugar (optional)
- milk (optional)
- 2 large bowls
- measuring cups
- chopping board
- Cut the guyabano (soursop) into quarters.
- Scrape off all the flesh and transfer it in a bowl.
- Remove the seeds.
- Blend the fruit, crushed ice, and water. Add the optional sugar and/or milk.
- Serve cold.
Video: Guyabano (Soursop) Shake
Tips and Techniques
- For a sweeter shake, add sugar or artificial sweetener.
- For a healthier sweet option, use honey.
- For a creamier texture, add a small amount of milk.
- Adjust ice and water, if needed.
More Healthy and Delicious Drinks
- How to Make Lemon Ginger Tea
Enjoy a refreshing and healthy lemon ginger tea. It's so easy to make and very affordable.
- How to Make Kalamansi Granita: A Sicilian-Inspired Frozen Dessert
Granita is a popular Sicilian frozen dessert made with water, sugar, and fruit flavorings. Try this recipe for a refreshing kalamansi granita.