I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
What Is a Guyabano?
Guyabano, or soursop, is a common fruit in Asia. It has green spiky skin and white flesh with black seeds. This sweet and tangy fruit is usually served as a juice or a shake. In order to make your shake extra sweet and creamy, you may add a little bit of sugar and milk in it.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 1 large guyabano (soursop), peeled and deseeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- sugar (optional)
- milk (optional)
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large bowls
- measuring cups
- chopping board
- Cut the guyabano (soursop) into quarters.
- Scrape off all the flesh and transfer it in a bowl.
- Remove the seeds.
- Blend the fruit, crushed ice, and water. Add the optional sugar and/or milk.
- Serve cold.
Video: Guyabano (Soursop) Shake
Tips and Techniques
- For a sweeter shake, add sugar or artificial sweetener.
- For a healthier sweet option, use honey.
- For a creamier texture, add a small amount of milk.
- To make it extra sweet and creamy, use condensed milk.
- Add more ice and water if needed.
- The flesh of the guyabano will discolor when it is exposed to air. For this reason, you should prepare the shake immediately after cutting the fruit.
More Healthy and Delicious Drinks
- How to Make Lemon Ginger Tea
Enjoy a refreshing and healthy lemon ginger tea. It's so easy to make and very affordable.
- How to Make Kalamansi Granita: A Sicilian-Inspired Frozen Dessert
Granita is a popular Sicilian frozen dessert made with water, sugar, and fruit flavorings. Try this recipe for a refreshing kalamansi granita.
© 2020 Travel Chef