How to Make Chocolate Pastillas
Pastillas are a famous Filipino sweet treat. It is commonly made with fresh milk or powdered milk. Birch Tree is a Filipino brand of powdered milk that offers both full cream milk powder and fortified milk. Recently, Birch Tree launched a new fortified chocolate flavor that is widely available in grocery stores and supermarkets. Intrigued, I bought a small pack and tried making chocolate pastillas with it. Allow me to share my recipe. Basically, it's a chocolate version of a famous Filipino sweet treat typically made with fresh milk.
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons chocolate powder (I used Birch Tree brand)
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- oil, for greasing
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Mix powdered chocolate and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Oil the palms of your hands to easily mold the chocolate pastillas mixture.
- Start molding pastillas using 1/2 teaspoon. Roll into balls.
- Coat the chocolate pastillas with white sugar. Arrange them on a plate.
- Store in a container. Keep it in a foil pack or wrap it using cellophane.
Chocolate Pastillas Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques
- Choose any brand of powdered chocolate.
- Chilling the chocolate pastillas mixture makes them easier to mold.
- Grease the pan to easily mold roll the pastillas mixture.
- Use a teaspoon to make the pastillas a uniform size.
More Delicious Pastillas Recipes
- How to Make Oreo Pastillas
Pastillas are a popular Filipino sweet treat. Nowadays, there are many different variations of pastillas; this particular version is flavored with Oreo cookies.
- How to Make Three-Ingredient Pastillas: A Filipino-I...
Have you ever tried pastillas? Pastillas are a famous milk-based sweet from the Philippines. This is a no-cook variation on a traditional pastillas recipe.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef