Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Crispy Pakoras in 20 Minutes
Cabbage pakoras are one of my all-time favorite teatime snacks. Their distinct aroma and flavor make them simply scrumptious.
The recipe is quick and easy to make, and the results are super tasty and satisfying.
Let me share the detailed recipe now.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl full of pakoras
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly julienned or chopped
- 1/2 cup gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1-2 teaspoons rice flour
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 6–8 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot oil, for the dough
- 2 pinches asafoetida (hing powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- oil for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped cabbage, chickpea flour (besan), rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chilies, chopped curry leaves, asafetida (hing) powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add hot oil to the mixture and mix once again.
- Combine the ingredients by adding water little by little to get a pliable, firm batter (see photo).
- Pinch out small portions of the mixture and gently slide each portion into the hot oil. Fry, turning occasionally to ensure uniform frying on all sides.
- When they become golden brown, transfer them to a plate lined with an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot cabbage fritters with a cup of hot coffee or tea. Enjoy the taste!
Read More From Delishably
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri