Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
What Is Cashew Burfi (Kaju Burfi)?
Cashew burfi is a yummy sweet treat that requires only four ingredients and doesn't take much time to prepare. Cashews are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, so you can eat this treat knowing it has some health benefits, as well.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
12 big pieces or 18 small pieces
- 1 cup cashews, whole or broken, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup (or less) sugar
- 2 cardamom, powdered
- 2 teaspoons ghee, for the burfi and for greasing
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain them. Make a paste by grinding the cashews with just a small amount of water. The paste should be a little coarse.
- Grease a steel plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a non-stick pan. Pour in the cashew paste. Add sugar. Stir-cook the mixture over a very low fire. Stir it continuously to avoid burning.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add cardamom powder.
- When the mixture comes together as a lump, transfer it to the greased plate. Smooth the surface with a plastic sheet or roll it with a rolling pin to get an even surface.
- Cut it into desired shapes while it is still warm.
- The cashew burfi is ready! Enjoy.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cashew Burfi
- To make the burfi a bit firm, add 1 teaspoon of cornflour or all-purpose flour to the cashew paste in the final stages of cooking.
- Make sure the cashew paste is coarse.
- To change the aroma, you can add some essence to the paste.
- To get firm burfi, you have to stir-cook the paste until it comes together as a lump.