I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
The mung bean sprout is an edible sprout with a crisp texture that is commonly used in East Asian stir-fry dishes. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved these sprouts—not only because they're delicious, but also because they're easy to cultivate.
Egg noodles are also common in East Asian cuisine. These noodles are made with eggs and flour, and they are often considered to be a comfort food.
This is my easy-to-follow recipe for egg noodles with chicken and mung bean sprouts in oyster sauce. You can enjoy this dish as a main course, side dish, or even as a tasty snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 100 grams egg noodles
- 70 grams chicken, diced
- 60 grams mung bean sprouts, cooked
- 20 grams onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- water, per the package instruction for the noodles
- oil, for cooking
Read More From Delishably
- 1 big bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 2 medium plates
- chopping board
- frying pan
- saute pan
- cooking spoon
- In a frying pan, fry half of the sliced onions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan. Saute garlic and the rest of the onions. Add the chicken.
- Pour water into the pan. Allow it to boil.
- Season the boiling water with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg noodles. Cover the pan. Adjust the amount of water if necessary.
- Once the noodles are cooked and the water has boiled off, add the mung bean sprouts and oyster sauce.
- Season again with salt and pepper, if needed. Turn off the heat immediately.
- Serve the dish with fried onions on top.
Tips and Techniques
- Use chicken broth if preferred.
- Allow the water to boil before adding the egg noodles to prevent sogginess.
- Add salt into the boiling water to add flavor to the egg noodles
- Try growing mung bean sprouts at home. It's both organic and cheap.
Another Mung Bean Sprouts Recipe
- How to Make Fried Tofu With Mung Bean Sprouts
I always look forward to simple yet nutritious meals. Allow me to share my recipe for fried tofu with mung bean sprouts, an Asian-inspired dish that you can easily make at home.
© 2018 Travel Chef