Easy Coconut Recipe for Beginners: Coconut Burfi
Juicy and Delicious Sweets!
Coconut is a nutritious fruit that is frequently used in Indian cooking. One example of a yummy sweet treat that incorporates this fruit is coconut burfi, or coconut cakes. This dessert is easy to make, as it requires only a few ingredients. The cakes remain fresh for a week at room temperature; after that, you have to store them in the refrigerator.
Coconut has many health benefits, including for the skin, hair, and body. It has anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitic properties. It provides instant energy to the body that may enhance physical and athletic performances, and it also improves digestion. It is a nutritious source of fiber, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Let me share with you the recipe for making coconut burfi.
- 2 heaped cups coconut, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 3 cardamom, powdered
- 1 tsp ghee, for greasing the container
- Grease a plate or container with ghee. Later, you will have to pour hot burfi into it. Set aside.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add grated coconut. Ensure that there are no large pieces of coconut in the gratings. The coconut must be uniformly grated to make the burfi.
- Add sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Set the heat to medium-low. Stir continuously, scraping the sides once in a while.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue stir-cooking until the mixture becomes a bit thick and gummy. Add cardamom powder. Mix well. If you touch the mixture with your finger, it should feel sticky.
- Once the mixture has lost most of its moisture, it should come together like a lump and start leaving the bottom. Don't let it become too dry.
- Turn off heat. Transfer the mixture to the greased container. Flatten and even out the surface with a spatula. Ensuring a consistent surface is very important to get perfect burfi. Set aside to cool.
- After about 10 minutes, draw deep criss-cross lines on the surface with a sharp knife. Set aside to cool further.
- After some time, insert the knife into the previously cut criss-cross lines, so that you can cut and separate the pieces.
- Once completely cooled, remove the cakes and arrange them on a plate.
- Your yummy coconut burfi is ready to eat. Enjoy eating this juicy delicacy.
- You can keep it fresh for a week at room temperature. Afterward, store in the refrigerator.
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 22 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|