How to Make Coconut Barfi (Coconut Cakes)
Juicy and Deliciously Sweet Treats
Coconut is a nutritious fruit that is frequently used in Indian cooking. One example of a yummy sweet treat that incorporates this fruit is coconut barfi, or coconut cakes. This dessert is easy to make, as it requires only a few ingredients. It will keep for a week at room temperature, after which it can be stored in the refrigerator.
Coconut has many health benefits. It is good for the skin, hair, and body. It has anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitic properties. It provides instant energy to the body that may enhance physical and athletic performances. It also improves digestion. It is a nutritious source of fiber, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Let me show you how to make coconut barfi.
- 2 heaped cups coconut, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 3 cardamom, powdered
- 1 tsp ghee, for greasing the container
- Grease a plate or container with ghee. Later, you will pour hot barfi to it. Set aside.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add grated coconut. Ensure that the coconut has been grated sufficiently and that there are no large pieces. The coconut must be uniformly grated to make this barfi.
- Add sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Set the heat to medium-low. Stir continuously, scraping the sides once in a while.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Continue stir-cooking until it becomes a bit thick and gummy. Add cardamom powder. Mix well.
- If you touch the mixture with your finger, it should feel sticky.
- Once the mixture has lost most of its moisture, it should come together like a lump and start leaving the bottom. Don't let it become too dry.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the mixture to the greased container. Flatten and even out the surface with a spatula. Ensuring a consistent surface is very important to get perfect barfi. Set aside to cool.
- After about 10 minutes, draw deep criss-cross lines on the surface with a sharp knife. Set aside to cool further.
- After some time, insert the knife into the previously cut criss-cross lines so that you can cut and separate the pieces.
- Once completely cooled, remove the cakes and arrange on a plate.
- Your yummy coconut barfi are ready to eat. Serve and enjoy eating this juicy delicacy.
- You can keep it fresh for a week at room temperature. Afterwards, store in the refrigerator.
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|