How to Make Cookies and Cream Polvoron (Shortbread)
Polvoron is a popular Filipino shortbread. Traditionally, this delicious snack is made with only a few basic ingredients—including flour, milk, and sugar—but nowadays many different varieties are available. In this recipe, I made my own version of polvoron using Oreos, which are one of my favorite types of cookies.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk, melted
- 1/2 cup Oreo cookies, ground (separate the cream)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- cooking oil, for greasing
- 5 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- cooking spoon
- polvoron molder
- Toast all-purpose flour in a pan. Set aside.
- Dissolve Oreo cream into the melted butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, powdered milk, and crushed Oreos.
- Pour in melted butter into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Mold the mixture using a polvoron molder.
- Wrap each piece with cellophane or plastic wrap.
Tips and Techniques
- Cream butter with sugar to lessen its grainy texture.
- Allow it to set inside the refrigerator before serving.
- Use a small cupcake pan or chocolate molder as an alternative to polvoron molder.
More Recipes for Sweet Treats
- How to Make Oreo Pastillas
Pastillas are a popular Filipino sweet treat. Nowadays, there are many different variations of pastillas; this particular version is flavored with Oreo cookies.
- Spanish Polvoron (Shortbread) Recipe Using Your Favorite Crackers
Taste the goodness of Spain's famous shortbread at home. This polvoron recipe comes with a twist by using any of your favorite crackers.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef