Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Crunchy and Deliciously Sweet Corn Fritters!
Today, I made fritters (pakora) with sweet corn. They were so good that my family members finished them in no time.
Making the fritters is very easy. The recipe calls for only a few ingredients, and it took me only about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Now, let me share the detailed recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 people
- 1 cup sweetcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/4 cup onions, julienned
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 green chili, not so hot, finely chopped
- oil for deep-frying
- Set aside 2 teaspoons of corn kernels.
- In a blender, add the remaining corn kernels. Pulse them once or twice to get them crushed a bit.
- Place the crushed kernels and whole kernels in a mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the cooking oil) to the mixing bowl with the corn.
- Mix well to get a thick batter. Check the consistency. If the batter appears thin, mix in some more chickpea flour to adjust it.
- Now, heat the oil for deep-frying. Keep the heat on medium-high. Take small portions of the batter in your fingers and drop them into the hot oil. Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying.
- Once they turn golden brown and crispy, remove them. Place them on an absorbent paper towel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- These mouthwatering corn fritters (pakora) are ready to serve. Eat them hot and enjoy the taste!