I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors or preservatives.
When I don't have enough time to make an elaborate curry, I choose a recipe like this one, where I can use ready-made masala powders. Not having to grind own your spices saves time. Dry curries are equally as healthy and delicious as the soupy ones.
Here is one dry curry that fits this description: baby corn masala curry. It's Let mouthwateringly delicious. Serve it as a side dish with rotis, chapatis, pancakes, rice dishes, curd rice, etc. Enjoy eating!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup baby corn, slit and cut in lengthwise pieces
- 1/4 cup capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp or less turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp or more red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 2 pinches sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Slit baby corn lengthwise, and chop them into 1-cm pieces. Parboil them in just enough water to cover them. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped onions and fresh peas (optional). Saute until the onions turn golden.
- Add chopped capsicum. Stir-cook on low fire for 2 minutes.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or till tomatoes become soft but not mushy.
- Add parboiled baby corn. Mix well. Cook for some time or till baby corn gets cooked completely.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder or curry powder, sugar, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes. If the mix is too dry, add a few drops of water. Mix well. Turn off the fire. Baby corn dry masala curry is ready!
- Transfer the curry into a serving bowl. Serve this curry as a side dish for any less spicy main course dish.
- You can serve it with rotis, pancakes, chapatis, pooris, fried rice, curd rice, etc. This delicious and spicy curry will surely enhance the taste of bland dishes. Happy eating!