How to Make Fairy Bread: An Australian-Inspired Kids' Party Snack
The Fun of Fairy Bread
Fairy bread is a popular kids' party snack in both Australia and New Zealand. It's very easy to make: simply take a slice of white bread, spread a layer of butter, and then cover it with rainbow sprinkles. Sprinkles are commonly known in Australia and New Zealand as "hundreds and thousands," a reference, presumably, to the inability to put a precise count on them.
Typically, fairy bread is cut into triangles, but in my recipe, I decided to use cookie cutters to create fun, new shapes.
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/8 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large plate
- 1 small plate
- 1 bowl
- cookie cutter
- measuring cups
- Spread butter on each piece of bread.
- Use cookie cutters to create fun shapes.
- Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on top of the buttered bread.
- Serve and enjoy!
Fairy Bread Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques
- Use sprinkles of other colors to change the appearance.
- Bring the butter down to room temperature in order to make it easier to spread.
- Replace butter with margarine for a cheaper treat.
- Serve these colorful snacks at a kids' party.
- Create new designs using cookie cutters.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef