I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Ginger Has Many Health Benefits
Ginger contains many powerful medicinal properties. It can help reduce inflammation, soreness, and pain in the body, and its anti-inflammatory properties may also help in combating osteoarthritis.
When you eat ginger burfi, you will experience a continuous flow of ginger juice in your throat, which can help reduce any soreness or inflammation you are feeling in this region. Eating ginger burfi can help you feel warmer during the winter months.
The process of making this treat is quick and easy. You need only three ingredients: sugar, ginger, and milk. Another advantage of this particular recipe is that it never becomes too sticky at any stage of the preparation.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
35 ginger burfi pieces
- 1 cup ginger paste
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup thick milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee, for greasing a plate
- Grease a steel plate or tray with ghee and set aside.
- Wash the ginger thoroughly by soaking it in some water. Peel the ginger and roughly chop. Place the chopped pieces into a mixer jar and grind to obtain a smooth paste. Measure it.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add ginger paste, sugar, and milk. Keep it over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously and scrape the edges.
- In the beginning stage, the mixture should be a thin liquid. After some time, it will begin to thicken.
- When it becomes thick, frothy, and starts leaving the pan, pour it to the greased plate or tray.
- Allow it to cool. Cut it into 1-inch (or smaller) pieces. Enjoy eating this sweet and spicy dessert!