I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Besan ladoo are delicious traditional sweets that are popular even today. Making them is very easy, plus they're healthy and delightful. You need only a few ingredients for this recipe. This sweet is made of gram flour, ghee, sugar, and cardamom.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
8 sweet balls
- 1 cup gram flour (besan), sieved
- 3/4 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup or less ghee or clarified butter, or as needed
How to Make Besan Ladoo
- Heat 4 tablespoons of ghee in a deep-bottomed pan on very low fire. Add sieved gram flour. Saute till you get a nice aroma. Ensure that it is not burning on the bottom. This step may take about 4–5 minutes with a low fire. Add some ghee if the mix looks too dry. Turn off the fire.
- Add sugar powder and cardamom powder when it is very hot. Mix well.
- You should start making balls when the mix is warm, and you're able to handle it.
- Take a fistful of the mix, and press it gently in between your palms while you roll it to get a ball shape. If you find it difficult to make a ball shape, drizzle few drops of ghee on the mix to make it wet.
- Make all the balls while the mix is warm. Then set them aside to cool.
- The mouth-watering besan ladoo is ready to eat. Enjoy eating them.
Step-by-Step Photo Guide
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri