How to Make Gram Flour Sweet Balls or Besan Ladoo
Besan ladoo are delicious traditional sweets that are popular even today. Making them is very easy, plus they're healthy and delightful. You need only a few ingredients for this recipe. This sweet is made of gram flour, ghee, sugar, and cardamom.
- 1 cup gram flour (besan), sieved
- 3/4 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup or less ghee or clarified butter, or as needed
How to Make Besan Ladoo
- Heat 4 tablespoons of ghee in a deep-bottomed pan on very low fire. Add sieved gram flour. Saute till you get a nice aroma. Ensure that it is not burning on the bottom. This step may take about 4–5 minutes with a low fire. Add some ghee if the mix looks too dry. Turn off the fire.
- Add sugar powder and cardamom powder when it is very hot. Mix well.
- You should start making balls when the mix is warm, and you're able to handle it.
- Take a fistful of the mix, and press it gently in between your palms while you roll it to get a ball shape. If you find it difficult to make a ball shape, drizzle few drops of ghee on the mix to make it wet.
- Make all the balls while the mix is warm. Then set them aside to cool.
- The mouth-watering besan ladoo is ready to eat. Enjoy eating them.
Step-by-Step Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
Nutritional Information of Gram Flour Sweet Balls or Besan Ladoo
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 28 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri