How to Make Greek Keftedes With Mint Candy
Greek keftedes are a popular Greek appetizer typically served with pita bread or pasta. They can be fried or baked. In my version, I replaced the fresh mint with my favorite candy mint. You can also do the same with your favorite candy mint. Enjoy this juicy and delicious meatball at home!
- 250 grams pork, ground
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 8 pieces mint candy, crushed (any of your favorite); approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons when crushed
- 1 piece egg
- 4 pieces garlic clove, minced
- 1 small piece onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 4 Small Bowls
- 1 Plate
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Cooking the Dish:
- Baking Sheet
- Silicon Mat or Wax Paper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- Roll into 1 tablespoon balls. Arrange it into a baking sheet lined with wax paper or silicone baking mat.
- Cook the meatballs for about 20 minutes until lightly browned. Turn the meatballs from time to time to evenly cook.
- Serve with bread or pasta.
Tips and Techniques
- Use fresh oregano or parsley if available.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Keep all the accumulated oil surrounding the meatballs. Use this to flavor fried rice.
- Add any sauce variations to level up your meatballs.
- Oil hands when molding the balls to prevent the mixture from sticking.
More Delicious Pork Recipes
- How to Make Pork Loco Moco With Mushroom Gravy: A Hawaiian-Inspired Dish
Loco moco is a famous Hawaiian dish. It originated in Hilo, Hawaii, when a group of teenagers asked a restaurant owner for a budget meal with rice. Enjoy a very simple dish with lots of interesting flavors in the comfort of your home.
- How to Make Pork Burger Patties With Breadcrumbs
Try our pork burger patties with breadcrumbs at home. Serve these delicious burger patties anytime you want and with any condiments you prefer.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan