How to Make Green Gram (Mung Bean) Pancakes
Green Gram Pancakes or Mung Bean Pancakes
A Nutritious and Healthy Breakfast
Green gram (mung beans) are known to contain high level of protein and dietary fiber. They are a good source of iron, manganese, potassium, folate, copper, zinc, and vitamins. People use them extensively in their daily food. You can use them either raw or cooked.
Mung bean pancakes are very soft, aromatic, and delicious. You can eat 2-3 of them at a time, as they are filling. I used onions, ginger, capsicum, green chilies, and coriander leaves along with the mung beans. This is an easy recipe. You will not go wrong with this dish, even if you are a beginner cook.
Once the batter is ready, making the pancakes does't need much time. You can make a pancake in about 3-4 minutes. Serve hot pancakes with pickle, chutney or tomato sauce. Tomato pickle pairs very well with these pancakes.
Now, let me show you in detail how to make green gram (mung bean) pancakes.
- 1 cup green gram(mung beans), soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 capsicum, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2-3 green chilies, less hot variety, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp oil, for each pancake
- 1/4 tsp or salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp rice flour
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mung Bean (Green Gram) Pancakes
- Wash green gram. Soak them in fresh water for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Strain them. Grind them to get a little rough paste. No need to add water while grinding.
- Collect the batter in a mixing bowl. Add finely chopped onions, grated carrots, chopped green chilies, diced capsicum, chopped coriander leaves, grated ginger, rice flour, and salt.
- Mix well. Add a cup of water. Let the batter be thick.
- Heat a griddle or pan. Grease it with oil. Pour a ladle full of the batter in the center. Spread it a little. Pancakes should be thick.
- Add a few drops of oil on the surface and on the edges. Keep the heat medium. Cover the pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip it once the bottom becomes golden brown. Add a few drops of oil on the top side. No need to cover the pan. Cook for a minute or two.
- Remove the pancake. Place it on a serving plate. Your favorite mung beans pancake is ready! Make all the pancakes like this.
- Serve two hot pancakes in a plate with a pickle, tomato sauce, or chutney. I like to eat these pancakes with tomato pickle. They pair very well.
- Enjoy eating these scrumptious green gram pancakes!
Nutritional Information of Mung Beans Pancakes
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 112 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|