Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A bunch of spinach lying in my kitchen inspired me to make palak pakora (spinach fritters). You need only a few basic ingredients to make these mouthwateringly tasty snacks. Serve with a cup of hot tea or coffee, and enjoy the flavors!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 cup onion, julienned
- 6 tbsp gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 tsp rice flour
- Pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches carom seeds
- 1/6 tsp coriander powder (optional, gives good taste)
- 1 tsp oil, for the dough
- salt to taste
- oil, for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients in the list except for the oil. Gently mix without adding water to get a loose dough. If you feel it is dry, add a few drops of water.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. With your fingers, form a lemon-sized ball of dough and press it a little to form a fritter shape. Drop it into the medium-low hot oil. Make 4-5 such fritters per batch.
- Fry, turning occasionally to ensure uniform frying. Transfer the cooked fritters to an absorbent paper towel. The paper will absorb the excess oil.
- Repeat this process to make all the fritters.
- Spinach fritters are ready to eat. Serve them with tomato sauce. You can also enjoy eating them with a cup of hot tea or coffee. These fritters are extremely delicious.