How to Make Cheesy-Spicy Elote: A Mexican-Inspired Dish
Elote, or corn on the cob, is a famous snack in Mexico. It can either be boiled or grilled. The most common seasonings for this snack are melted butter, salt, and ground black pepper. Different variations are available nowadays. I created my own version of homemade cheesy-spicy elote that I can enjoy when it's time for a snack.
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 piece calamansi (to squeeze on the corn)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 small plates
- 1 small bowl
For Cooking the Elote:
- Baking sheet
- Silicone mat
- Boil corn on the cob in a salted water. Cook until tender.
- Spread butter evenly while the corn still hot.
- Pre-heat the oven at 250°C.
- Dust the corn with paprika, chili powder, and parsley.
- Spread shredded cheese on a plate and roll the corn on the cob in it.
- Bake the corn on the cob for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Squeeze calamansi juice all over the corn before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the chili powder if preferred.
- Replace the calamansi with lemon or lime.
- Use any kind of cheese.
- Add any other herbs or seasonings to come up with more flavors.
More Tasty Corn Recipes
- How to Make Cheesy Corn and Sausage Dip
Serve a delicious cheesy corn and sausage dip with your favorite biscuit, cracker, or bread. This dish is best served as an appetizer or a snack.
- How to Make Sauteed Corn Kernels
Learn how to make sautéed corn kernels in the comfort of your home. You may serve it as a side dish or a snack that everybody will surely love.
© 2018 Travel Chef