How to Make Homemade Chicharrón Piel de Pollo
Chicharrón piel de pollo is a Spanish dish that is made with chicken skins. It is basically the chicken version of chicharrón de cerdo. It's best served as an appetizer or snack, and you can enjoy this dish with many different dips.
When I make this recipe, I often make my own breading mix; however, you can easily use any store-bought breading mix. After that, salt and pepper are all you need to make this delicious snack.
I love to serve this with my homemade spicy soy-vinegar dip.
- chicken skin
- store-bought breading mix
- homemade spicy soy-vinegar dip
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
For Cooking the Chicharron:
- Frying pan
- Strainer spoon
- Cut piel de pollo (chicken skins) into bite-sized pieces. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the hot pan with oil.
- Dredge the chicken skins in the breading mix.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with a homemade spicy soy-vinegar dip.
Tips and Techniques
- Use a paper towel or strainer to remove the excess oil.
- Do not cover the platter or container where you place the chicharrón. This will help it stay crunchy.
- Add any other seasonings to the chicken skin if preferred.
- Serve it with any vegetables to balance the dish.
- Try chicharrón de cerdo for the pork version of this recipe.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef