How to Make Homemade Chicharrón de Cerdo
Chicharrón de cerdo is a Spanish dish that is made with fried pork rinds or fried pork belly. Typically served as an appetizer or snack, you can enjoy it with different dips; I like to serve mine with homemade spicy soy-vinegar dip. This recipe is simple and easy to follow.
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 300 grams pork skin with fat
- 1 tablespoon salt
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
For Cooking the Dish:
- Cooking spoon
- Strainer spoon
Crispy Fried Chicken Skin and Chicharon Step-by-Step Procedure
- Add pork skin in a stock pot with water and salt.
- Cook the pork until tender and no more water remains in the pot.
- Let the natural oil of the pork fry itself. Cook until golden brown or crispy.
- Serve it with a dip.
Tips and Techniques
- Use a pot with a cover to avoid any oil splatters.
- Cook pork skin with enough water to ensure tenderness. Cooking time may vary depending on the quality of the meat.
- You can save the remaining pork oil to add a meaty taste to any dish. It's great for fried rice or stir-fry, for example.
- Serve this dish with a cold beer!
- Try chicharrón piel de pollo for chicken version.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef