Yummy Mango Jelly Candy With Just 3 Ingredients (Plus Water)
I love candy. Although I usually buy it at the supermarket, I recently wondered if I could make it at home.
Mango candy is one of my favorites, which is the reason I decided to try making this type first. The recipe I had originally wanted to use called for mango pulp, which I didn't have. As a substitute, I used mango-flavored drink mix. Mango pulp probably would have made the candy even more delicious, but the end result was still very good.
For the candy:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons mango-flavored drink mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
For the optional topping:
- desiccated coconut
- Dissolve the mango-flavored drink mix in the water to create a thick mixture with the consistency of juice. (Or, if you prefer, you can substitute pure mango pulp, which would add a more natural flavor to the candy.)
- Add the sugar and dissolve it. Taste and add more sugar if necessary. The sweetness of the mixture will depend on the drink mix you use or the type of mangoes you use.
- Add the corn flour and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and heat it on medium flame until thick. Stir continuously as the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the mixture to a mould greased with oil. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once set, cut it into the shapes you prefer and serve with the optional desiccated coconut topping.
© 2020 Heera