I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
A Crunchy, Hot, and Spicy Peanut Chaat
If you are in the mood for a hot and spicy snack, this peanut chaat may fit the bill. It is healthy, delicious, and can be made in a jiffy.
Serve a small bowl of this yummy dish with a cup of tea or coffee. This is a great after-school snack, too.
Let's find out how to make this dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A big bowl of peanut chaat
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts (groundnuts)
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala powder
- 1–2 tablespoons grated carrot
- salt to taste
- a pinch sugar, optional, to balance the sourness
- Soak the peanuts in water for 2 hours. Add fresh water and some salt. Cook the peanuts in a pressure cooker up to two whistles and simmer for 5–6 minutes. (Take care not to overcook the peanuts. They should retain some crunchiness after cooking.)
- Strain and collect the peanuts in a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients as per instructions.
- Mix well. The peanut/groundnut chaat is done!
- Serve about 2 tablespoons of this chaat in a bowl. Enjoy eating this crunchy, tangy, and spicy snack whenever you desire.
- Store the leftover chaat in the refrigerator for future use. This dish remains fresh for a day, provided it's stored in the refrigerator 4–5 hours after you make it.
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri