Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make simple, nutritious, and tasty foods at home.
Fun Snack With Lots of Veggies and Spices
Pav bhaji burgers are quick and easy snacks. They are made with toasted burger buns and a spicy stuffing made of vegetables and pav bhaji masala. The stuffing incorporates raw onion, which makes the burgers crunchy and tempting.
The brilliant combination of the crispy and aromatic butter-toasted burger bun, raw onion slices, and spicy stuffing make these burgers scrumptious. Once the stuffing is prepared, it is easy to assemble this snack for your guests. If you want to serve the burgers quickly, keep the stuffing ready in advance.
I used potatoes, French beans, capsicum, green peas, carrots, cauliflower, onions, butter, and spices in this recipe. Using pav bhaji masala in the stuffing is the specialty of this burger.
Serve pav bhaji burgers as evening snacks and enjoy the taste!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked, peeled, mashed
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (e.g., carrots, French beans, cauliflower, and green peas), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pav bhaji masala powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Onion slices, to place on top of the stuffing
- Add peeled potatoes, chopped French beans, carrots, cauliflower, and green peas to a pressure cooker container. Cook it up to 2 whistles and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Once the pressure reduces, open the cooker lid. Take the container out and slightly mash the vegetables, as shown in the photo below. Set aside.
- Start making the stuffing. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in the chopped onions and saute until they become transparent. Add chopped capsicum and tomatoes. Keeping the heat at medium-high, saute the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes or until it is cooked. Reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Add the mashed vegetables. Add pav bhaji masala powder, red chili powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Saute for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat. Now, the stuffing is ready!
- Start making the burgers. Take a burger bun and slit it horizontally in the middle. Toast both slices with butter. I toasted them in a pan.
- Place a thick layer of stuffing on the slit bottom portion of the bun. Place one or two thin onion slices on the stuffing layer. Top it with another half of the toasted bun. Press it a little so that the two bun slices join well with the stuffing. Pav bhaji burger is ready!
- Make the remaining burgers with the remaining burger buns and the stuffing.
- Serve it with tomato sauce as a delightful and filling snack.