How to Make Mixed Vegetable Pickle in 12 Minutes
It's Fun to Have Pickle With Any Meal!
Pickle is a spicy, salty, and tangy accompaniment that is served alongside many Indian meals and snacks. Having a mouthwatering pickle with any food is a treat.
There are many ways to make pickles. You can store tender mango pickle at room temperature for up to two to three years. The process of making such a long-lasting pickle is a bit lengthy, but it is worthwhile. This type of pickle retains its flavor and texture for a very long time, even though it may become slightly darker after one or two years.
Making an instant version of pickle, on the other hand, is quick and easy to do. The ingredients used in an instant recipe are different, and the shelf life is shorter. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to one month.
You need only a few ingredients to make an instant mixed vegetable pickle. I made a batch in about 12 minutes. Let me now share the detailed recipe.
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 cup carrots, cubes
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubes
- 2 lemons, cubes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, not so hot variety, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons oil, for the seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, for the seasoning
- a few curry leaves, for the seasoning
- 2 dry red chilies, broken, for the seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- Keep the chopped vegetables ready. Pat dry them so that there is no moisture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Throw in the broken red chilies and curry leaves. Mix well. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Add mixed vegetables to a bowl. Add all dry spices, salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add the seasoning you have prepared.
- Mix it well. Your mixed vegetable pickle is ready!
- At this point, the pickle may appear a bit dry.
- After 1 or 2 days, the oil starts floating on the top, and the pickle becomes wet. Check for taste.
- If needed, add salt or red chili powder. Mix it again.
- After 3 days, store it in a refrigerator.
- Whenever you want to serve the pickle, take it out from the refrigerator. After use, return it to the fridge.
- You can make an instant pickle whenever you want and use it for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy eating snacks and meals with mouthwatering instant mixed vegetable pickle!
1. Don't use your fingers for mixing the ingredients to make a pickle. Instead, use a spoon for mixing. If you use fingers, you may experience burning sensation later because of the spiciness of the ingredients. Also, pickle might get spoilt.
2. Pat dry the veggies to remove the moisture.
3. Don't add water at any stage to this pickle.
4. Store the instant pickle in a glass bottle.
5. Store the instant pickle in a refrigerator.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 485 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|