Making Tomato Chili Dip (Momo Dip)
A Yummy Homemade Sauce to Pair With Momos
Momos are Chinese dumplings, stuffed with veggies or meat, that are very popular throughout the world. Steamed momos are healthier compared to the deep-fried ones.
Momos are delicious on their own—but they're even tastier when paired with a tangy and spicy sauce. You can make this tomato chili dip at home in just 10 to 15 minutes.
Let me now share the recipe.
- 3 to 4 ripe red tomatoes, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance the taste)
- 4 to 5 dry red chilies, hot variety, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- Soak hot red chilies in water for 8 hours.
- Discard the soaked water.
- In a mixer or blender, add soaked red chilies, tomatoes, garlic cloves, ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Grind, adding water little by little, to get a smooth and semi-solid paste.
- The consistency of the dip should be such that it will evenly coat the momos when dipping.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot momos with this dip. Happy eating!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 2 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|