Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Traditional Summertime Beverage
Lassi is a traditional North Indian, yoghurt-based drink. It is prepared in two different styles: salty and sweet. Today we are preparing the salted version of this beverage.
It is simple and quick to make—all you need to do is blend the yoghurt, some spices and water. Voila!
It is a very refreshing beverage for the hot summer months here in India. It is also very healthy, as it helps promote digestive health. Do try it and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup dahi (yoghurt)
- 1/2 tsp pudina (mint powder), or 15-20 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp kali mirch (black pepper powder)
- 1 tsp bhuna jeer (roasted cumin seed powder)
- 1/2 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 1/2 tsp sensha namak (rock salt)
- 500 ml chilled water
- 6-7 ice cubes, crushed
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender jar and blend until well combined.
- Transfer to glasses and serve immediately.
How to Make Namkeen (Salted) Lassi
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly