How to Make Oreo Pastillas
Pastillas are a famous Filipino milk-based delicacy. Traditionally, this sweet treat is prepared by cooking fresh milk, but many modern recipes use powdered milk, instead. There are many varieties of pastillas that feature different flavorings. In this recipe, I flavored them with Oreos, the popular cream-filled cookies.
- 6 tablespoons powdered milk
- 4 tablespoons ground Oreos
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, for coating
- oil, for molding
- measuring spoons
- grater or food processor
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 3 small bowls
- container or plate
- Separate the cream filling from the cookies.
- Grind the Oreo cookies.
- In a bowl, combine ground Oreos and powdered milk. Mix.
- Add cream filling into the mixture.
- Pour in the condensed milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease your palms, as well as a measuring spoon, with oil.
- Start molding the pastillas. Roll into balls or cylindrical shapes.
- Coat the pastillas with sugar.
- Arrange them on a plate and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Procedure: Oreo Pastillas
Tips and Techniques
- In order avoid a crumbly texture, be sure to finely grind the Oreos.
- Oiling your palms will help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Use any brand of powdered milk.
More Pastillas Recipes
- How to Make Three-Ingredient Pastillas: A Filipino-I...
Have you ever tried pastillas? Pastillas are a famous milk-based sweet from the Philippines. This is a no-cook variation on a traditional pastillas recipe.
- How to Make Pastimallows
Have you ever heard of pastimallows? It is a combination of pastillas and marshmallows. Try this famous milk-based sweet delicacy with a twist that originated in the Philippines.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef