How to Make Pastimallows
Pastillas, also known as pastillas de leche, is a popular sweet delicacy in the Philippines. Today, I'll be making pastillas with an exciting twist. In this recipe, I am making this famous confectionary with marshmallows inside. This sweet treat is commonly called pastimallows.
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Oil, to grease the palm
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mini cupcake liner
- empty container
- In a bowl, mix condensed milk and powdered milk. Cover the bowl and chill for about 1 hour or until the mixture becomes firm.
- Once set, remove the bowl from the refrigerator.
- Oil the palms of your hands to easily roll the pastillas mixture. Use a teaspoon to scoop out an equal amount of mixture per piece.
- Flatten the mixture until it's enough to cover the marshmallows.
- Coat the pastillas with sugar.
- Place it in a cupcake liner. Arrange them on a plate or container.
- Chill before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Use any brand of powdered milk.
- Replace regular-sized marshmallows with larger ones.
- Add any extracts or essence you prefer; e.g., banana, mango, ube, etc.
- Chill the mixture first before molding to make it easier to handle.
- Apply enough oil on the palms of your hands in order to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Try my recipe for plain, three-ingredient pastillas.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan