Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
A Mildly Spicy and Flavorful Dip for Paratha and Thalipeet
A curd-based dip is an excellent side dish for spicy thalipeet or parathas. Making this flavorful peanut curd dip is quick and easy; the recipe calls for only a few ingredients, and you probably already have them in your kitchen.
To get the correct thick consistency, use only thick curd or yogurt. The fresh herbs, spices, and roasted peanuts in this dip make it mildly spicy and aromatic.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 3 small cups thick curd or yogurt
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanuts
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance the taste)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, to taste
For the tempering:
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a mixing bowl, add the thick curd or yogurt.
- In a blender, add roasted peanuts, chopped fresh coriander leaves, green chilies, sugar, and ginger. Grind, adding 1 teaspoon of curd, to get a smooth paste.
- Add the peanut mixture to the bowl containing the curd. Add salt and mix well. Set aside.
- For making the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan. Throw in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the tempering to the bowl. Mix well.
- Your favorite peanut curd dip is ready! Serve this creamy, mildly spicy, and flavorful dip with thalipeet, paratha, or any other spicy flatbread. Enjoy the taste!