How to Make Pokpoklo (Seaweed) Salad
What Is Pokpoklo?
Pokpoklo is a seaweed with a salty taste and crunchy texture. This iron-rich seaweed is the basis of a popular salad in the Ilocos region of the Philippines. It is often served as a side dish with fried or grilled dishes. In this article, I will show you how to make a simple version of this salad.
- 5 cups pokpoklo (seaweed), cleaned and washed
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- Clean and wash pokpoklo. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix pokpoklo and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Pokpoklo (Seaweed) Salad Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- For best taste, eat the salad while it is fresh. Otherwise, the ingredients will wilt.
- Try adding other fruit or vegetable ingredients, such as mango.
- There is no need to add any spices or seasonings, as the seaweed is naturally salty.
Appetizing Salad Recipes
- How to Make a Sweet Chicken Macaroni Salad
Sweet chicken macaroni salad with the homemade mayonnaise dressing. A simple and sweet treat for everybody.
- How to Make Kalabasa Flower Salad
Have you ever tried edible flowers? In this simple recipe, I use kalabasa flowers, or squash blossoms, to make a delicious and healthy salad. I also added the exciting flavor of bagoong, or anchovy sauce.
© 2019 Travel Chef