What Is Pokpoklo?
Pokpoklo is a seaweed with a salty taste and crunchy texture. This iron-rich seaweed is the basis of a popular salad in the Ilocos region of the Philippines. It is often served as a side dish with fried or grilled dishes.
Below is my recipe for this delicious salad. Enjoy!
- 5 cups pokpoklo (seaweed), cleaned and washed
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- Clean and wash pokpoklo. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix pokpoklo and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
- For the best taste, eat the salad while it is fresh. Otherwise, the ingredients will wilt.
- Try adding other fruit or vegetable ingredients, such as mango.
- There is no need to add any spices or seasonings, as the seaweed is naturally salty.
- Serve this as a side dish for fried or grilled foods.
- Rinse pokpoklo thoroughly to remove any dirt.
© 2019 Travel Chef