My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Polvoron is a popular shortbread in Spain. It has a soft, crumbly texture and sweet, buttery taste. Back then, this was only served during holidays. Nowadays, different varieties of this treat are available on the market.
I made my own version of polvoron using my favorite crackers, and I added some chopped nuts to make it crunchier. This recipe is absolutely delicious and affordable. Everybody will surely enjoy it!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed (use your favorite type)
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, toasted
- 1/4 cup nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
Read More From Delishably
- 1 large bowl
- 4 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- Measuring cups
- Polvoron molder
- Cellophane wrapper (optional)
- Combine the butter and sugar. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Mold the mixture into bite-sized pieces using a polvoron molder, if available. Once molded, transfer the polvoron to the refrigerator to set before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Substitute the nuts with other ingredients such as dried fruits, cookies, etc.
- Cream the butter with the sugar to lessen its grainy texture.
- If you don't have a polvoron molder, use a small cupcake pan as an alternative.
- Allow the polvoron to set inside the refrigerator before serving.
- Add a pinch of salt to make sweet food taste better.
More Filipino Sweets
- How to Make Oreo Pastillas
Pastillas are a popular Filipino sweet treat. Nowadays, there are many different variations of pastillas; this particular version is flavored with Oreo cookies.
- How to Make Graham Balls Stuffed With Marshmallows
Graham crackers are one of my favorite crackers. Not only are they delicious on their own, but they also make a great addition to many dessert recipes. Let me show you my graham balls stuffed with marshmallows. They're so easy to make!
© 2018 Travel Chef