My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to cook amazing food!
Salted duck eggs are eggs that are preserved in a salted brine solution. It is commonly available in Asian markets. Otherwise, you can make your own version at home. Learn this Chinese-inspired recipe of salted duck egg fried rice. I like to add flavor to this dish by including crispy fried garlic bits. Serve this delicious meal any time of the day—with other dishes or all on its own. Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 pieces salted duck eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade garlic bits
- 1 tablespoons parsley, dried
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 3 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
For Cooking the Salted Duck Egg Fried Rice:
- Cooking Spoon
Cook Time and Yield
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Separate eggs whites from egg yolks. Chop egg whites and slightly mash egg yolks. Set aside.
- Heat small amount of oil into a pan.
- Add egg yolks and rice. Mix well.
- Toss in the egg whites and fried garlic.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Serve while still hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites before chopping the latter into pieces.
- Leave the egg yolks a little bit chunky to taste.
- Best served with your favorite breakfast dish.
- Use leftover or a day-old fluffy rice to give a better texture.
© 2018 Travel Chef