How to Make Fried Tofu With Mung Bean Sprouts
Tofu, commonly known as bean curd, is a made with coagulated soy milk. The texture of tofu may vary from soft to extra firm. Commonly used in Asian cuisines, tofu is readily available around the world. It is usually used as an alternative to meat products, but it can also be used in sweet dishes.
Mung bean sprouts are grown by sprouting mung beans. Commonly cultivated in Asian countries, these sprouts are another common ingredient in the cuisine of this part of the world.
Tofu and mung bean sprouts are among my favorite ingredients. I find that both are very easy to cook—and both are highly nutritious, as well. This is my recipe for how to make fried tofu with mung bean sprouts. I flavored the dish with oyster sauce.
- 100 grams tofu, cubed
- 80 grams mung bean sprout, cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan. Saute onions and garlic.
- Pour in water. Allow it to boil.
- Add the mung bean sprouts and oyster sauce. Cook for at least 1 minute.
- Mix in tofu. Season with salt and pepper. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Fried Tofu with Mung Bean Sprouts Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
The Finished Dish
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan