I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Burger steak with mushroom is a famous menu item at Jollibee, the famous Filipino fast-food restaurant. This dish consists of a burger patty topped with a flavorful mushroom gravy and served with rice. Button mushrooms are usually used for this dish. Enjoy this all-time favorite Filipino fast-food item by following our delicious recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1/3 cup rice, uncooked (yield 1 cup cooked rice)
- 1/8 cup gravy, store-bought
- 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms
- 1 burger patty, store-bought
- cooking oil
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 medium plate
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- sauce pan
- fry pan or grill pan
- cooking spoon
- Rinse the rice to remove any impurities. In a pot or rice cooker, add the rice and the appropriate amount of water for cooking. Cook the rice.
- Heat oil in a grill pan or fry pan. Cook the burger patty until the desired doneness is achieved. Set aside.
- In a pan, saute the sliced mushrooms in butter. Add gravy mixture. Set aside.
- Start assembling the burger steak. Plate the steamed rice. Top it with the burger patty. Add a generous amount of mushroom gravy on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Read More From Delishably
Tips and Techniques
- Try making your a homemade burger patty with oatmeal.
- Replace the store-bought gravy with homemade KFC gravy.
- Add more mushroom slices, if preferred.
- Approximately 1/3 cup of uncooked rice yields 1 cup of cooked rice.
© 2020 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on February 28, 2020:
Hi JC Scull,
I'm glad that you tried burger steak before in Manila. Aside from this one, Jollibee offers burger steak supreme which consists of rice, fries, sunny side up egg, burger steak, and gravy. I hope you try it as well.
JC Scull from Gainesville, Florida on February 27, 2020:
Awesome. I went to the Jollibee at University Tower in Manila and had something similar. It had a different name, which I can't remember right now. I think yours is a lot better. I am going to have my daughter make this for me. She is a much better cook than I am!!
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on February 18, 2020:
I agree with you. I hope you can this recipe and let me know what you think!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on February 09, 2020:
I would be happy with this meal any time. It sound very good.