I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Burger steak with mushroom is a famous menu item at Jollibee, the famous Filipino fast-food restaurant. This dish consists of a burger patty topped with a flavorful mushroom gravy and served with rice. Button mushrooms are usually used for this dish. Enjoy this all-time favorite Filipino fast-food item by following our delicious recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1/3 cup rice, uncooked (yield 1 cup cooked rice)
- 1/8 cup gravy, store-bought
- 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms
- 1 burger patty, store-bought
- cooking oil
Read More From Delishably
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 medium plate
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- sauce pan
- fry pan or grill pan
- cooking spoon
- Rinse the rice to remove any impurities. In a pot or rice cooker, add the rice and the appropriate amount of water for cooking. Cook the rice.
- Heat oil in a grill pan or fry pan. Cook the burger patty until the desired doneness is achieved. Set aside.
- In a pan, saute the sliced mushrooms in butter. Add gravy mixture. Set aside.
- Start assembling the burger steak. Plate the steamed rice. Top it with the burger patty. Add a generous amount of mushroom gravy on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Tips and Techniques
- Try making your a homemade burger patty with oatmeal.
- Replace the store-bought gravy with homemade KFC gravy.
- Add more mushroom slices, if preferred.
- Approximately 1/3 cup of uncooked rice yields 1 cup of cooked rice.
© 2020 Travel Chef