I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Sinigang is a popular Filipino soup that is characterized by a savory and sour taste. The sour taste of the dish comes from tamarind. Tamarind is a tropical fruit with sticky, brown, sour pulp that is commonly used in Asian cuisine to flavor both sweet and savory dishes.
I enjoy eating soups, especially during the cold weather of the holiday season. Recently, I decided to cook sinigang na salmon belly (the "na" is used to signal the type of sinigang it is). Salmon belly contains omega 3-fatty acids that are good for our health. Follow my simple recipe to enjoy this hearty meal.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 250 grams salmon belly
- 100 grams water spinach (kangkong)
- 1 to 1.5 litres water
- 3 tablespoons tamarind powder (sinigang powder)
- 2 tablespoons onion, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil
Read More From Delishably
- 3 large bowls
- 1 medium bowl
- 3 small bowls
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- cooking pot
- Heat the oil in a pot. Saute the onion and then tomato.
- Pour in the water.
- Add the salmon belly, tamarind powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed. Add the water spinach stalks.
- Turn off the heat. Add the water spinach leaves. Cover the pot. Allow it to cook for at least 1 minute.
- Enjoy! This soup is best served during cold weather.
Tips and Techniques
- You may add other vegetables, as well, in addition to the water spinach.
- Replace the salmon belly with any other kind of fish or meat.
- Add green chilies for a spicy kick.
- Choose other sinigang powder variations such as sinigang sa miso or sinigang na gabi.
Other Delectable Fish Recipes
- How to Cook Ginataang Malunggay with Fried Parrot Fish
Do you like to try new, exotic foods, or do you stick to the same old foods? If you are an adventurous eater, try this ginataang malunggay with fried parrot fish. Not only is this recipe tasty and meaty, but it's also healthy.
- How to Cook Honey Mustard Fish With Blanched Alugbati
Do you love the flavor of honey mustard dressing? Try this delightful recipe for honey mustard fish with blanched alugbati.
© 2018 Travel Chef